Monday 18 January 2016

Review - Wolf by Alaska Angelini


Title: Wolf
Author: Alaska Angelini
Series: Wolf River #1
Release Date: December 30, 2015


Tragedy was something I knew all too well. My years as a detective showed me the worst life had to offer...but it wasn’t the homicides that had me stepping down from the force. Losing my fiancĂ© and partner, Martin, to a senseless act of violence had. Now I'm a private investigator and I choose my own assignments. 

A questionable bear attack should have been a simple case, but nothing about Wolf River, or my main suspect, Alexander Villani, comes easily. Where the townsfolk are uncooperative and cold, Alex’s overwhelming presence is anything but. 

From multiple missing persons and inconceivable stories, each night I find myself falling deeper into a town’s legend. One I can’t bring myself to believe.


WARNING: This book is the first in a series and is a STANDALONE. It contains graphic violence, disturbing situations, strong language, and adult content. Mature audiences only.






Wow! This book was action-packed and kept me turning the pages. I have to be honest and say I’m not a huge paranormal fan so I only read them every once in a while. But I am a huge Alaska Angelini fan, and this book is one of the reasons why! Who else can write about a werewolves and make it dark, sexy, and oh, so good?!

“Don’t go into the woods alone. Especially at night. Out of the darkest nights can crawl the deadliest creatures. Best to remember that if you’re going to be staying here.”

Staying inside, especially after dark, is nothing new to the residents of Wolf River. There are rumors of deadly creatures roaming at night. However, when Erin Billings comes to town to investigate an animal attack, she learns things the hard way.

After an accident when something knocks her off the road, Erin is even more determined to find out what is killing animals and people in this unusual town. She is immediately drawn to Alex, the one who finds her at her accident. However, Alex doesn’t let anyone get close.

“I was alone. I would always be alone. There was no hope for me. Not in life, and certainly not in love.”

When the two finally give into their temptation, it is hot as hell. 

“I can taste how much you want to come. Give it to me, Erin. Give me what I want.”

But how can a man who relies solely on himself, finally let someone in? Will he, or will he permanently be alone?

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was dark and twisted. It was sexy and steamy. It was action-packed. It was full of emotion and love. Even if you are not a huge paranormal fan like me, I think you will enjoy this book if you like your books hot with a dominant alpha and a strong heroine! 
~ Review by Tiffany




Alaska Angelini is a Best Selling Author of dark, twisted happily-ever-afters. She currently resides in Wisconsin, but moves at the drop of a dime. Check back in a few months and she's guaranteed to live somewhere new. 

Obsessive, stalking, mega-alpha hero's/anti-heros are her thing. Throw in some rope, cuffs, and a whip or two, and watch the magic begin.

If you're looking to connect with her to learn more, feel free to email her at alaska_angelini@yahoo.com, or find her on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment