Thursday 10 September 2015

Review - A Mess of Reason by A. Wilding Wells


Title: A Mess of Reason
Author: A. Wilding Wells
Release Date: July 2, 2015


For MATURE audiences only...as in those readers smart and dirty enough to handle a great romance that also has great sex scenes, scenes that fully expose the deep love between Scout Steele and Tess Harlow in this best-friends-turned-lovers page-turner.

"Only the flaws that you give into can break you."

“Scout Steele is the country music star People magazine just voted ‘sexiest bachelor’. More than that, he’s my best friend forever, my bff. OK, not quite my lingo - I’m almost thirty. We’ve shared everything, and then some. Even crossed the line a few times, but not too far. Well, mostly…. He’ll go to the end of the world to make me happy; he knows me inside and out. Except, that is, my most intimate and darkest defect; this he must never know. It would ruin us, and ‘us’ is the only thing that matters. So I’m marrying someone who doesn’t care about the truth or, frankly, even me.”

“She’s twisted and sexy as all get out. Brilliant and beautiful, Tess Harlow is my best friend and my forbidden fruit - the woman I’ve always known and loved the best but can never have. Between my tours (and sexy groupies) and her man-juggling, we’ve never found ‘our time’. I love her to pieces but she’s about to marry the bane of my existence, rocker Creed Luce. He’s a walking cliché and he treats my Tess like hell - why she stays with him I still haven’t figured out. I am always there for her…but not this time. Tess deserves better, way better, my better. The door is half-open and I have my ways. Her best friend is about to become her best lover.”





Scout and Tess. Not your average couple. NOT AT ALL. Even their friendship is on another plane of existence. 

Evan is a country music star. He also happens to be one of the sexiest men alive. His relationship with Tess is one of friendship, even though he has always loved her and wanted to be with her. What he doesn’t expect is to ever act on those feelings. Until he does…

Tess is engaged to be married to another man. She has always loved Scout, but has never told him. To her, he is not the safe option as she will have to reveal her secret and stop hiding behind the wall she has kept up for so long. 

I was not expecting to be so surprised by the secret! To say my jaw was on the floor was an understatement! Nowadays, it seems like books have become more predictable, so to be blown away is an awesome experience! 

This is the first book I have read by this author, but I will be back for more and more! The emotions written in make you feel like you are experiencing it all first hand. Every fear, every tingle, and every ounce of love pours off the pages.
~ Review by Devlynn



A. Wilding Wells is an author, storyteller and creative visionary that writes provocative adult contemporary romance novels. She describes herself as a passionately-obsessive, balance-seeking, oxymoron-living, modern-day dirty-minded woman. She lives on a ranch on the west coast with her husband, four boys and about enough animals to sink an ark.



No comments:

Post a Comment