Monday 27 April 2015

Review - Scattered Colors by Jessica Prince



Title: Scattered Colors
Author: Jessica Prince
Release Date: April 25, 2015

The use of the phrase life is hard has become so diluted, so overstated through the years that when someone hears it the words go in one ear and out the other. The impact is no longer there. The meaning, the importance of that phrase no longer holds any water with those it's spoken to.

Freya Linden's life became hard at the age of seventeen, the summer before her senior year of high school. The bright colors of her life faded into black and white, a colorless shell full of loneliness.

Until she met him.

Parker Owens breathed life back into her world. With him she began to heal. But happiness isn't a guarantee. Sometimes opening yourself up only leads to more heartbreak. The person she thought to be her saving grace shattered her completely.

Her story isn't a pretty one. The bumps in the road were monumental and infinite. But it's her story. And the one thing that holds true is this: despite the hardships, she made it through to the other side.
 

AMAZON US / UK




Scattered Colors is my first read by Jessica Prince; I was initially drawn to the gorgeous cover, hadn't even read the blurb, and I knew I was adding it to my TBR.

Freya and her father relocate to a small town after the death of her mother. Her plan is to stay invisible, not form any attachments, finish her senior year and get the hell out. But not all things go according to plan, especially if the school's popular bad boy sets his sights on you. Drawn to the same sadness and pain he sees reflected in Freya, Parker pushes his way into her life.

This was a solid New Adult read. While it doesn't have the high angst factor most books in the genre do, it has just the right amount to make the story work. There are a lot of heartbreaking scenes and wonderful secondary characters. Best of all, it's a standalone with no cliffhanger. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more work by this author.
 
~ Review by Erin
 


I'm a wife, mother, wino, coffee addict and avid a lover of all types of books, but romances are my main favs. My husband likes to say reading is my obsession but I just say it's my passion... there's a difference.

I've been writing since I was a little kid and I finally decided to take the leap and actually publish when Picking up the Pieces came to me. Now that I've been bitten by the writing bug I just can't seem to stop.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment