Friday 20 March 2015

Review - Prey by Alaska Angelini



Title: Prey
Series: Marko Delacroix #1
Author: Alaska Angelini
Release Date: February 18, 2015



There are things that exist that cannot be explained or comprehended. Creatures so terrifying that the human mind refuses to believe the possibility of existence. Romantism of evil can only get you so far—dead.

The stories are there throughout history. The proof is not. At least…until now.

We’re here, moving amongst the shadows. Living beneath the homes and streets you believe are safe. You are not safe. You never were. All the times you looked over your shoulder because you felt you were being watched—hunted—you were.

I am Marko Delacroix and I am not redeemable. None of us are. I am a Master Vampire and the worst kind of man there is alive or dead. I will make you fear me, want me, and then then I will kill you. It is the nature of who we are. Of the game. And yes, to us, this IS a game.

Man versus the undead. The undead versus ourselves.

In a new world of change and acceptance, no one is safe. But they don’t know that yet.





AMAZON US





No Words! I have no words to that ending! Give me the next book, NOW!!

Prey is about a Master Vampire, Marko Delacroix. He is out hunting one night for his prey, when he comes across Tessa. He must have her and will stop at nothing until she is his.

“Tonight I’m going to make you fall in love with me, mon chaton. Then, in a few weeks, when you fell you can’t live your life without me, I’m going to kill you.”

Getting to her proved easier than he thought, because Tessa is hiding who she really is.

“What I saw should have turned me off, but I wanted more. Wanted him to pierce every inch of my body if it meant I’d feel the desire that existed now.”

The story continues with a back-and-forth, love/hate relationship between Marko and Tessa. They want each other, they hate each other, they want to kill each other. The bond between them from swapping blood is undeniable. Tessa thinks she can find and bring out the redeemable qualities that she knows Marko has, while Marko wants to bring out Tessa’s forbidden, darker side.

“You don’t feel like I want you, but we both know that’s the biggest lie there is. It’s how much I want you that is our problem.”

They are having a hard time determining what is from the blood and what is real.

Besides the two of them, Tessa’s best friend, Hunter is thrown in the mix. He has been in love with Tessa forever and is heartbroken when he loses her to Marko. He vows to kill him and all the vampires in her honor. Throw in a few more vampires; Marie who also wants Tessa, and Julius, the leader, and this story was fantastic.

Honestly, I am not a huge paranormal fan. It has to be written very well in order to keep my attention. I am a HUGE Alaska Angelini fan, so of course I gave Prey a chance and I am so glad I did. It was dark, erotic, and I couldn’t put it down. I need the second book immediately! If you enjoy darker reads with paranormal elements, this book is for you.

~ Review by Tiffany





Alaska is an erotic BDSM author who also goes by the pen names Jennifer Salaiz and Jenny May.
 
She lives in the Houston area...for now. She's a dreamer, and longs for the day when her husband and kids can load up in the car and drive until their hearts' content. Adventure and discovering new places play a huge role in Alaska's life. It drives her, and feeds the creativity of coming up with new locations for her stories.

Within the last two years, Alaska and her family have drove across the country twice, and also drove the distance from Texas to California three times. Asked, if she could choose one place to permanently settle down, where would it be, Alaska laughed. "Montana, today. Tomorrow, it may be Alaska, again. I go back and forth."

When Alaska is not dreaming of spontaneously hitting the road to find a new place to write about, she's being a mother and wife. If you're looking to connect with her to learn more, feel free to message or find her on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment