Monday 9 March 2015

Review - Finding Ever After by Stephanie Hoffman McManus



Title: Finding Ever After 
Series: Ever After #1
Author: Stephanie Hoffman McManus 
Release Date: April 1, 2014 




The day she graduated high school, Jaxyn left everything behind to escape. Now, three years later, she's done running from her past and finally returning home to Boston to face the friends she abandoned without warning and the nightmares that still wake her in the night.

Back in the house that holds all of her childhood memories, from before life showed her that 'happily ever afters' don't come easy, she is unsure of what the future holds. She definitely wasn't expecting Kyden McCabe, the hot, tattooed and pierced musician she meets her first night back. He's arrogant, frustrating and completely wrong for her.

All she ever wanted as a little girl was to be swept off her feet by a prince, but Ky is nothing like the heroes from the stories her mom used to read to her. He lives his life one night stand at a time and she knows he's nothing but trouble.

Still haunted by her past and afraid to let anyone see the scars she hides, she fights the attraction she feels for Kyden and wonders if she'll ever find her storybook ending. Then a monster from her past threatens to rip away her chances before she realizes that maybe she already found it.
 
This version was revised 09/2014
 
Content Advisory 17+ recommended for mature themes








It is no secret that I am in love with the Ever After series. I read the first book, Jax and Ky’s story as well as book two, Ace and Sadie’s story, so I was so excited to read Jax and Ky’s story all over again from Ky’s point of view. It was fantastic!!

We got to see so many more sides to Ky; why he had the demons that he did and why he made the choices he did when it came to love. We saw more of his sucky childhood and why music is such an important part of his life.

“I’ve never know peace like I feel when I’ve got a guitar in my lap and my fingers are gliding over the strings.”

I loved watching him fall for Jax, his Princess.

“Who the hell was this girl that she could just show up out of nowhere, and in one night start shaking up my life? Why did I want her so bad?”

It was emotional and heart wrenching to see him fight with himself. At times, I wanted to punch him in the nuts for the way he was treating Jax, but in his mind he really thought it was to protect her.

“I’m not a hero or a prince. I’m not even a good guy, but I can’t shut this off, this ache in my chest. When I’m around you, I feel things that I don’t want to.”

Seeing the scene when Jax was attacked from his perspective made me cry. Stephanie, you have made a fan for life. I love your writing style and can’t wait to read the next in the series!!


~ Review by Tiffany






I'm a lover of all things books! I've been hooked on reading my whole life and am just as passionate about writing. Words have the power to open our eyes and hearts to new ideas and new worlds. Anything is possible between the between the pages of a book. I've had my heart broken and then mended again, I've laughed, cried and wanted to cry out in frustration. A good author has the ability to make you feel their story and relate to their characters. That's all I want to do. My goal isn't perfection, but to make the reader feel it.I have a beautiful son who is seven years old and when I'm not reading or writing, I'm building forts and having Nerf battles. Feel free to add me or find me on Facebook. I love talking to people and I appreciate honest feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment