Thursday 5 February 2015

Release Day Blitz - Pulse by Amity Cross




Title: Pulse
Series: The Beat and the Pulse #2
Author: Amity Cross
Genre: Erotic Romance
 Release Date: February 5, 2015


Synopsis


Ren Miller never dreamed her life would turn out quite like this.

On the cusp of qualifying for the brand new woman's UFC league, she's finally found the thing that makes her tick. She finally has a whole new life before her, but it’s one that doesn't include Ash Fuller.


No one has seen or heard from Beat's Golden Boy in six months, not even Ren. He's disappeared off the face of the earth and he's just another person who's ended up abandoning her when she needed him the most. He broke her heart, but he took the one thing that was hers. Her spirit.


When someone unexpected turns up at Beat with an ultimatum, Ren must make a decision. Go after Ash and her own heart or make her Dad's dream of winning a Championship come true.


Will Ren choose to fight?


Or sacrifice everything to save the man she loves?


18+ due to mature sexual content









Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK / AU
KOBO / B&N / iBOOKS




Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / AU






Reviews

Amity left me screaming, "No, no, no, no, nooooooooooo!" At the end of Beat. Holy mother of all cliffhangers! That one was a doozy as far as endings go. I've been patiently biding my time until I was able to get to the final installment of this series. 

Pulse picks up a few months after we were left with our jaws hanging open in Beat. Ren is still kicking ass and has a great shot at going pro. She hasn't seen hide nor hair from Ash, leaving her wondering just what his fate was. Until a surprise visitor stops by her father's gym and leaves her with more questions than answers. And she's determined to get those answers. 

Ash is a shell of the hard-ass man he used to be. He's been laying low, not by his own choice. All it takes is one ball busting, spitfire to reignite the fire in his belly. With Ren back in his corner, these two will seek their revenge and set the underground fighting community on fire. 

A fantastic follow up to Beat, Pulse was everything I was hoping for and more! Amity Cross had me guessing at every turn. The suspense was pulse pounding. The sex, some of the hottest I've read. If you like strong characters that are take charge and take no shit, you'll love Ash and Ren. Pulse is the second book in The Beat and the Pulse series. It cannot be read as a standalone. 

~ Review by Erin

✰✰✰✰✰


I was so excited to dive back into the underground with Spitfire and Maverick.  I love fighter romance and this book was everything I knew it would be.

It doesn't quite start right after Beat. A little while has gone by.

'Ash had abandoned me. He'd left with hardly an explanation and had never come back.'

Yep, that's where we start.  Ash is gone, without an explanation and Ren is beside herself. I feel so bad for her.  Her inner demons have surfaced and she is doing the only thing she can to stay sane.

'Call it bloodlust, call it punishment, but the only time I felt alive was when I was in that cage, pounding my fists into my opponent.  I fought so I could feel something other than heartache.  I fought so I didn't feel alone.'

She continues to just go through the emotions, doing everything she can to please everyone else but herself. 
 
Oh Ash, how I have missed you. . .

'I thought I was a god that nobody could touch.  I was unbeatable. I was wrong, if I could hear her voice... if I could just hear it, I'd beg for her to tell me everything was okay.  Then I'd be able to make my heart beat again.  Then I'd be able to tell her I loved her.  That I'd do anything...anything...to make things better.  I let Hammer live, but I died instead.'

Wanna know where Ash has been for the last 6 months? Buy the book.

When they finally do connect, (there was never a doubt). It was hard, rough and worth every single page.

'He pressed his forehead against mine, his lips parted and skin hot and sweaty.  His gaze held onto mine as he drove his c*ck into me again and again, pounding against my cl*t and building my orgasm to breaking point.'

This book had it all. There was sadness, and calm. There was anticipation and let down. In the end Ren and Ash will get what they deserve and I loved being along for the ride. 5 Stars.


~ Review by Stacey
 
✰✰✰✰✰


I've been dying to read Pulse as soon as I finished Beat and it did not disappoint! It was deep, beautiful, and full of action. It was fantastic and I absolutely LOVED it!!!

One of the things I loved the the most about this book was that Ash and Ren took their relationship slower this time. They talked, shared stories about their pasts, and they got to know each other. It just made for a really real relationship and they were stronger for it. Even though they took  it slow, it didn't make their passion cooler, just way hotter! 

Pulse was just as amazing as Beat, but it's definitely its own story with a totally different energy. Everything was calmer and just came together perfectly. It had steamy, epic, and moving moments and I couldn't have been happier with it! 

Pulse is told from both Ash and Ren's POV and they do get their happily ever after. I'm really excited for the next book and I can't wait to see who Ms. Cross writes about next!! 

~ Review by Paige

✰✰✰✰✰




Author Bio


Amity Cross isn't her real name. That's no secret.

She is the author of wicked stories about rock stars looking for redemption, gritty romances featuring MMA fighters and dark tales of forbidden romance. She loves to write about screwed up relationships and kick ass female leads that don't take s**t lying down.

Amity lives in a leafy country town in southern Australia and can be found chained to her desk, held at ransom by her characters.

Don't send help. She likes it.



Author Links

Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment