Wednesday 14 May 2014

Review - Loving Mr Daniels by Brittainy C Cherry

 
 
Title: Loving Mr Daniels
Author: Brittainy C Cherry
Release Date: May 11, 2014

 
To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates.

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours.

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 LOVING MR. DANIELS GOLDEN STARS ☆ ☆☆☆☆

To Whom it May Concern,

Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry stole my heart. I am absolutely in LOVE with this book and it has earned a spot in my top favorites of 2014. There are not enough words to describe how beautiful, heartfelt, breathtaking, moving, inspirational, heartbreaking, and captivating this book is. Loving Mr. Daniels consumed me and took me on an emotional journey that I felt every word, quote, letter, and song come to LIFE.  Loving Mr. Daniels’ story will stay with you and as I write this review just thinking about Daniel and Ashlyn is making me emotional and teary eyed.
 
LovingMrDaniels_5.jpg

Ashlyn Jennings is 19 years old and gripping with the loss of her twin sister, Gabrielle. When Ashlyn is requested to relocate to Wisconsin with her dad and his new family, she carries a treasure box of letters from her Gabby. In this box, Gabby ask Ashlyn to LIVE, LOVE, and EXPERIENCE LIFE. It contains Ashlyn and Gabby’s bucket list.  On her train ride to Wisconsin, she meets Brilliant, Breathtaking, Beautiful, and Blue Eyed Daniel Daniels.
 
LovingMrDaniels_3.jpg
 
Daniel Daniels is 22 years old and like Ashlyn knows loss, heartbreak and disappointment.  When Daniel meets Ashlyn, he is in lost in the beauty of the emerald eyes staring back at him. For Daniel and Ashlyn, it was like the stars were aligned and two destined souls were fated to meet. Two souls who spoke the words and songs to each other’s heart.  It was like the heavens were leading them to each other.  In the words of William Shakespeare:

Hear my soul speak:
The very instant that I saw you, did
My heart fly to your service.
(The Tempest, 3.1) ~William Shakespeare
 
LovingMrDaniels_1.jpg

When Daniel and Ashlyn spent one magical night together and connected over their love of music, books and Shakespeare, it felt as if all their sadness was slowly being erased and set free.  Laughter, smiles, and happiness were erasing all the tears and heartaches. But when Ashlyn starts off her senior year after being held back due to an illness, she is shock to discover her Daniel is Mr. Daniels, her AP English teacher.  Soon Daniel and Ashlyn must answer the question: how far would one sacrifice for love?
 
LovingMrDaniels_2.jpg
 
Daniels and Ashlyn’s relationship is unlike any student/teacher romance that I read.  Typically, in student teacher romance books the main focus is the forbidden romance aspect but in Loving Mr. Daniels that was not the case. Yes, there is the angst and drama of student and teacher relationship, but I did not think Daniel and Ashlyn’s relationship as forbidden or wrong. It was merely a situation where two people who were MEANT TO BE and FATED to be together dealing with a circumstance. The love that Daniel and Ashlyn had for each other are evoked in every word, looks, Shakespeare reference and physical connection exchanged. The chemistry between Daniel and Olivia is one of those strong connections that has no words. Their love was RAW, HEARTFELT, BEAUTIFUL and GOLDEN!!!! They literally gutted my heart. I felt every ounce of their pain, hurt, heartbreak, love and happiness. Each moment they were together, you could feel how much they loved each other. Every words exchange were so heartfelt and meaningful.

“ I love you slowly,” I said, clasping my hands under her thighs. I thrust into her tightness, loving the way she invited me in. Her mouth gaped open and I paused, allowing her to become comfortable with me inside. “I love you deeply.” I lifted her other leg up around my waist, supporting her completely. My mouth moved to her earlobe, and I whispered as I sucked it slowly. “I love you quietly.” My hips rolled against her, my breaths heavy, hungry. “I love you powerfully.” Her head fell against the wall, her breaths mere pants. “I love you unconditionally.” ……… “I love you because I was born to do so.” Our hips moved in harmony, our bodies becoming one. Her love was breathing life into my entire being.”
 
LovingMrDaniels_4.jpg

Mr. Daniels...I LOVE LOVE YOU!!! How could you not fall in love with Mr. Daniel Daniels…Personally, I think he was PERFECTION. His love for Ashlyn, family, his students, and his passion for Shakespeare and music stole my heart! Mr. Daniels made Shakespeare sexy!! AHHH...did I mention that he loves to READ and SING!!! Yes, Mr. Daniels is swoon-worthy and sexy...he can read, sing, and quote Shakespeare anytime to me. <3
 
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.
(Romeo and Juliet, 2.2) ~William Shakespeare

LovingMrDaniels.jpg
 
Daniel and Ashlyn not only stole your hearts but the secondary characters as well. Ashlyn’ sister, Gabby was a golden treasure. I absolutely loved her.. she was an essential piece of the book.  Her letters to Ashlyn made me shed so many tears. I cried, laughed, and cried again. As for Ryan, omg...I heart him!! Every single character in this book was the glue to help complete this beautiful tale of Daniel and Ashlyn.

Ms. Brittainy  Cherry writes such an emotional tale of true love, loss, life and moving on that it will capture any hearts. She will grip you in this heartwrenching, touching and beautiful tale of first love, life, loss, friendship and family. Loving Mr. Daniels is a book that must be experienced and read...there are not enough words to describe how breathtakingly beautiful this story is.  Ms. Cherry did an amazing job portraying all the characters. They were portrayed so honest and raw that you were able to feel every emotions that they evoked from sadness, happiness, love, heartache, anger, and loss. Daniel and Ashlyn’s story will capture your heart and make you believe LIFE must be experienced and TRUE LOVE has no expiration date. All of the best love stories have one thing in common, you have to go against the odds to get there and Daniel and Ashlyn went beyond that and more for their LOVE.  On that note, I highly recommend everyone to go read Loving Mr. Daniels… be prepared to LAUGH, LOVE, and LIVE.

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
(Hamlet, 2.2) ~William Shakespeare

Thank you Ms. Brittainy Cherry for writing a beautiful story. It is unlike any romance I have read and  I want to thank you for reminding us how beautiful Shakespeare is and how precious life is.  
                                   
LovingMrDaniels_6.jpg
 
~ Review by Michelle
 
 
 
5 Inspiring Stars

Loving Mr. Daniels was the first book I have ever read by Brittainy C. Cherry and let me tell you, I'm simply blown away. I've read some very emotionally charged books in the past month or so, you would think I would be all cried out or in need of prescription medication. This book was was a beautifully flawless story about a forbidden love that was exceptionally flawed.

There are so many poignant and moving moments throughout this book. Told in the perspectives of both Ashlyn and Daniel, we get a glimpse as to what goes on with both these 3 dimensional characters in Loving Mr. Daniels. The character's mutual love of Shakespeare plays a major part in the story line, and now I find myself wanting to go and read some "Shakes", as Daniel and Ashlyn call him, that I was too young to appreciate when it was required reading in high school.

Their heartbreak, their highs and their lows, these two are a book couple for the ages. They are rich, they are eloquent and they are real. I dare you to read this story and not be moved and cry big, fat, ugly tears.

I'll leave you with this quote from Mr. Daniels, "You don't deserve to be someone's secret, Ashlyn. You deserve to be the chorus to a person's favorite song. You deserve to be the dedication in their favorite book." Ahh, sigh.

~ Review by Erin
 

 
5 Shakespeare Loving Stars
 
This is a MUST read!! Every forbidden love, of course, I will forever love. If you are into a student / teacher romance, then this is the book you would want to read. I laughed and cried ugly with this book.
 
Ashlyn, had just lost her twin sister from leukemia. Her mother wishes that it was her instead of her sister Gabby. When her sister passed, she was shipped off to her father Henry to live with. She took with her Gabby's clothes and the bucket list she made for Ashlyn. Every time Ashlyn marks off a thing from the list, she gets to read a letter from Gabby. These letter just made me so emotional that I had to stop a few times to wipe these tears that just didn't want to stop from coming. It was just so heartfelt and real. Losing someone that you love, specially your twin, is just heartbreaking.
 
Her train ride was very interesting because it changed her life. There she first laid eyes on "Mr. Beautiful Eyes". Daniel, just screams hotness...I have this thing with nerdy, sexy teachers, just gets me all hot and bothered. I love how the first time they met, he can read through her soul and knew that Ashlyn was broken. All he wanted was for someone to put a smile on her face, and hoped that someone will be able to do just that. It was insta-love for Ashlyn and Daniel. BUT when school started, they both didn't realize that they are in a complicated situation, where they cannot be together, due to his occupation. Being Ashlyn's teacher was what disappointed Daniel. This also kind of made it all exciting, this hiding, make out session secretly, was what pulled me in even more.
 
One night together was all it took for them to connect. Talks of music and both losing someone they love, was how it all started for them. How far will you go, knowing the fact that you have to sacrifice to get what you truly want? How you cannot have what you are longing for, who numbs you with the pain that is killing you inside?
 
They're love for each other was just so heartwarming. I truly love this forbidden romance of Ashlyn and Daniels.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
 
“I love you slowly,” I said, clasping my hands under her thighs. I thrust into her tightness, loving the way she invited me in. Her mouth gaped open and I paused, allowing her to become comfortable with me inside. “I love you deeply.” I lifted her other leg up around my waist, supporting her completely. My mouth moved to her earlobe, and I whispered as I sucked it slowly. “I love you quietly.” My hips rolled against her, my breaths heavy, hungry. “I love you powerfully.” Her head fell against the wall, her breaths mere pants. “I love you unconditionally.” ……… “I love you because I was born to do so.” Our hips moved in harmony, our bodies becoming one. Her love was breathing life into my entire being.”
 
With a twist of events causing Ashlyn and Daniel's worlds to collide, will they be able to put aside their differences or will fate intervene offering an entirely different option? This book made my top ten list of the year. This story will forever stick with me. This is my first ever read by Brittainy C. Cherry and I am looking forward to reading more of your books.

~ Review by Kathleen


 
This is by far the hardest review I've ever had to write.  I have such conflicted feelings about this book. First let me start by saying this book was so emotional and I love a book that makes me a sobbing ugly mess, this story did that to me, more than once.  I felt every bit of Ashlyn's pain and heartache!  I loved Daniel and Ashlyn's game that they played it was so sweet and the love between them just melted me! The list and the letters...LOVED IT!!
 

The reason I'm giving it such a low rating is because I feel like there was too much tragedy, and too much unresolved.  I don't want to give spoilers, I feel like there was just too much that happened and then not enough time to wrap everything up.  I was totally in love with the book for the first half then it just went down hill for me.  There was a huge time gap and I feel like a lot of really important things happened in that time gap that were just left unsaid.  Daniel never truly dealt with the loss of his parents. Jace was unfinished, how did he get out of his situation?  I think this story could have been one of the best I've read, but just too much was unfinished for me. And there was one major thing that I felt was truly unnecessary and it broke my heart.
 
~ Review by Toshia

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment