Friday 9 October 2015

Review - Dare Me by Stella Rhys


Title: Dare Me
Author: Stella Rhys
Release Date: September 30, 2015


CALLUM

Lake and I never had a chance at normal. She was drop dead gorgeous from day one - our maid's granddaughter who became my mother's spoiled living doll. I hated that girl with all my heart and at the same time, I worshipped every inch of her skin, every word that she spoke. I lived for her and the twisted game of truth or dare we created to feed our f***ed up needs for shock, shame and one-upping each other. Lake was my drug, my bad lifestyle choice.

And I'd fallen in and out of love with her a thousand times till the day she disappeared.

LAKE

I know I ruined Callum Pike and going back to New York may be the worst decision I've ever made, which is saying a lot. But I'm willing to risk it. I never wanted to leave and now that I can, I'm going back - to be with the man I made, who made me. I know I screwed him up. I know he's hardened and become cold. I know the love we had is gone. But I need him now more than ever and no matter how much it hurts, no matter what kind of sick or satisfying way he decides to torment me, I'm going to fight through it.

I'm going to repent for the way I broke him and I'm going to find the Callum Pike I loved again - even if it tears me apart.






What started out as a game of dare between two children turns into a love story that will stay with me for a while…

Callum grew up privileged. And when the housekeeper’s granddaughter moves in after her death, his whole world changes. Well, it changed long before that… around the age of 6, the first time he ever laid eyes on Lake. He has always loved her, even if they never dated.

Lake, the housekeeper’s granddaughter, had been going to Callum’s house for as long as she can remember. They have always been, well, them. No words could ever explain their relationship to one another, so they never tried. 

After she disappears and returns six years later, Callum and Lake have a very strained relationship. To the point you can almost feel the tension rolling off the pages. Even with that tension, they are still attracted to each other like magnets to steel. So, in order to get their relationship back, they start up the game they played as children. 

This was a great story, and took a few twists I was not expecting. Both Lake and Callum had a depth to them that you don’t see upfront, but the longer you look, the more evident it becomes. I loved the fact that even though Lake is reluctant to share her story, Callum is both pushy and patient about getting it from her. Lake, at times, reminded me of a kicked puppy, she was so down but I was so wrong to ever have counted her out! 
~ Review by Devlynn



Stella Rhys is a romance writer who lives in Manhattan and should pay rent to most downtown coffee shops. Born and raised in New York, she's a sucker for glitz, glamour and steamy, fast-paced love.



No comments:

Post a Comment