Thursday 18 June 2015

Review - Twisted Bond by Emma Hart


Title: Twisted Bond
Series: Holly Woods Files #1
Author: Emma Hart
Release Date: June 11, 2015



I’m an Italian-Texan woman in a family full of cops. I’m passionate and shoot before I think. You only f*ck with me if you’re stupid.

Photograph cheating spouses. Hand over the evidence. Cash my check.

That was my plan when I returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, and became a private investigator.

Finding the dead body in my dumpster? Yeah… Given the choice, I think I would have opted out of that little discovery, especially since all three of my brothers are cops. And my Italian grandmother is sure the reason I’m single is because of my job.

Of course, my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash.

My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.

Shame he still holds a grudge from that time I shot him in the foot twelve years ago, or we could have something. In another life.

So now all I have to do is avoid my nonna’s blind dates, try not to blackmail my brothers into giving me confidential police files, and absolutely do not point my gun at Drake Nash. Or kiss him. Or jump his bones.

All while I hunt down the killer.

Sounds totally simple—until a second body proves that sometimes things that start as coincidences don’t always end up that way…

(Twisted Bond is book one of the Holly Woods Files series and while it does not end in a cliffhanger, it is not a standalone.)









I don't usually read mystery/suspense books as I'm pretty impatient and would be too tempted to go read the end when I'm only part way through the book. Though, since the blurb intrigued me and the author is Emma Hart, I decided to give it a chance. Once I started this book I literally didn't put it down; I stayed in my bed all day and read this. I also wasn't even tempted to read the ending before I was finished because I was so immersed in the book. 

Noelle Bond is a private investigator who one day finds a dead body in her dumpster. Now, she's in the middle of a murder investigation. The detective on the case, Drake Nash, is someone she wishes she didn't have to deal with. They both want to solve this murder and that means seeing a lot of each other. 

"I don't like you. You are the most infuriating woman I've ever met. You're almost guaranteed to piss me off every single time you open that sweet little mouth of yours, but for the life of me, I can't fucking resist you."

Drake and Noelle were constantly at each other's throats throughout the entire book. There was so much sexual tension going on between them and it was HOT. They flirted, annoyed each other, and it sometimes ended with them locking lips. 

While I was reading this book I was constantly trying to figure out who did it. I kept thinking, maybe this person, then I was like it can't be, maybe it's this one. Though in the end, I didn't guess it -- I wasn't even close. 

Between Noelle and Drake's antics and trying to figure out who the killer was, I was kept quite entertained. The ending to this book ended on a good note and sets you up to look forward to the next book about Noelle and Drake. I can't wait to read more about them!
~ Review by Leah


Holy roller coaster of fun, sexy, snarky, teasing, crazy brilliance! Emma Hart, I love your über sexy books and this new smart, witty, fun, suspenseful series is downright un-put-downable.

Noelle Bond, Private Investigator, returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, opened her own business, and other than trying to avoid the blind dates her Nonna keeps trying to set her up on, has had no trouble fitting back into the comfort of her hometown. Until the day the dead body shows up in her dumpster and the dead woman’s husband hires her to investigate the murder…then life goes to hell in a hand basket because she’s forced into the path of Detective Drake Nash. The cocky, pain in Noelle’s butt, who just so happens to be one hell of a sexy man.

Detective Drake Nash’s day couldn’t get much worse. Holding a grudge for 12 years against the snarky, bitchy, drop-dead-gorgeous Noelle Bond, he is not pleased that he is the lead investigator on the murder victim found in the dumpster behind Noelle’s office. And especially not pleased when a second body shows up. This is turning out to be more than a mere coincidence.

Will investigating the murders be the start of something amazing for these two, or continue to pound nails in their relationship coffin? 

Oh, wow, how I loved these two characters! Their interactions, playful and sometimes straight up nasty banter, were so fun to read. Add in Noelle’s brothers, parents, Nonna, and best friend, and there is a cast of characters to support this series forever. Emma, I can’t wait for Tangled Bond.
~ Review by Missy






By day, New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to two beautiful little monsters. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of whatever she fancies - usually wine - and writes books.

Emma is working on Top Secret projects she will share with her followers and fans at every available opportunity. Naturally, all Top Secret projects involve a dashingly hot guy who likes to forget to wear a shirt, a sprinkling (or several) of hold-onto-your-panties hot scenes, and a whole lotta love.

She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing the dishes, but that seems to be when all the ideas come to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment