Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review - A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson


Title: A Pound of Flesh
Series: A Pound of Flesh #1
Author: Sophie Jackson
Release Date: June 9, 2015




Lose your heart to your new bad boy book boyfriend. Wes Carter - sexy, edgy, behind bars, with emotional scars as permanent as the ink on his skin, just waiting to be healed by love...

Fans of Samantha Young, Jodi Ellen Malpas, Jamie McGuire, Katy Evans and Prison Break will find this powerful love story utterly addictive and unforgettable.

Their love is forbidden. But won't be denied... Can true love heal the deepest scars?

For Kat Lane, teaching inmates at a New York prison is her way of upholding the legacy of her beloved father, murdered fifteen years ago. But when new student Wes Carter walks into her classroom, she's shaken by the strength of her attraction to him. Carter is as handsome as he is dangerous, as mysterious as he is quick-witted - and he ensures people keep their distance. Yet vibrant Kat bypasses his defences and challenges him to reveal the real man behind the intimidating reputation. As their emotional barriers crumble, their inescapable but forbidden feelings cannot be ignored. But will Kat's discovery of Carter's role on the night her father died force them apart...or bind their hearts for ever?

A Pound of Flesh is a tale of loyalty, redemption and all-consuming love against the odds, introducing an irresistible bad boy hero...

ADD TO GOODREADS











There are few times when I am literally at a loss for words. Hell, most times I can at least pull out a few curse words. <-- Case and point. This book though, the euphoric nature that sweeps over you, is like none other. 

Many people say great books are like roller coasters. Implying that the ride was so enthralling, through the ups and downs, that once it was done the ride stuck with you until your next amazing one. If that's true, then this book was like a damn tidal wave. 

There is no ride. There is no ending. There are no ups and downs. There is no out. Like a tidal wave, this book is all consuming. Once you've read it, you'll know you've been sucked into an amazing whirlwind that will leave you drowning in euphoric bliss. You'll never want air again.
~ Review by Kelly



Oh my goodness! The prologue had me biting my nails and wishing, no, hoping that what I feared was about to occur, wouldn’t. And goodness, was my heart broken when it was all over! 

I will say that this story kept me on the edge of my seat because I needed to know what would happen between Kat and Carter. And then I must add that the chemistry between them is scorching, so be ready to get all hot and bothered! 

A Pound of Flesh is an emotional, heart-pounding story of second chances and fighting for what you truly believe in no matter what comes your way.
~ Review by Kara





By day I’m a high school English teacher and by night I write stories about bad boys and the women they love.

I always loved reading. As a kid, my mum would take me to the local bookshop every week to buy a new book. I even created my own library on my bookshelf in my bedroom at the age of five! When I started school, I found that I loved writing too.

As I got older, I was never really inspired by anything to kick-start my writing. I had plenty of ideas, which I noted down, but I never actually sat down and wrote anything and always used lack of time as an excuse.

That all changed when three of my pupils dropped a copy of Twilight onto my desk at school. They begged me to read it, which I did, from cover to cover in a day. I devoured the other three books and then read them all over again. I was hooked. When I finished reading them the second time, I knew I needed more. I wanted to learn more about the characters, to see them in different situations and following different storylines. That’s when I happened upon FanFiction.net.

The talent in the fanfiction world is truly incredible, and I spent weeks falling down the ‘Twifiction’ rabbit hole, while falling more in love with the idea of writing my own. I was inspired.

I’m a hopeless romantic and a sucker for a love story, which is what I decided to write. A Pound of Flesh is the result.





No comments:

Post a Comment