Thursday 21 May 2015

Review - Brendon by Nicole Edwards



Title: Brendon
Series: Alluring Indulgence #8
Author: Nicole Edwards
Release Date: May 11, 2015



From New York Times and USA Today bestselling indie author Nicole Edwards comes the final scorching installment in her Alluring Indulgence series, erotic romances featuring the Texan Walker brothers and their sizzling-hot love interests.

Brendon Walker’s life was altered drastically when his twin brother fell in love. Coming to grips with his new reality hasn’t been an easy road, and he fears he’s all but given up.

Cheyenne Montgomery is familiar with the spotlight, and she’s familiar with fame. What she isn’t familiar with is the incredible lure of the sexy Walker brother who makes her heart beat wildly. Seeing him spiral out of control has been tough on her. So what will it take for Cheyenne to convince him that change can be a good thing?





AMAZON US




Say it ain’t so! I hate that this is the end of the Alluring Indulgence series, while at the same time so happy that these men have each had a chance to find happily ever after.

To say life for Brendon Walker changed when his twin brother, Braydon, fell in love would be an understatement. Still learning to live with his new normal, Brendon is finally coming through the darkness. And the light on the other side? None other than country music star, Cheyenne Montgomery.

For Chey, Brendon has always been the one to make her heart go pitter-patter. But the last two years haven’t endeared him to her…or vice versa. She wants to help him, just as he wants to protect her. Can they let each other in, when everything says they should stay apart?

Leaving Brendon’s story for the end of this series seems to me to be a pretty gutsy move on Ms. Edwards’ part. Having read all the books in this series, and having loved them to varying degrees, I was apprehensive about Brendon. He didn’t exactly make me feel the warm fuzzies with his behavior in the earlier books, so I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to make it through an entire book dedicated to his struggle. Not only did I make it through though, I devoured it. Turns out, Brendon can give me the warm fuzzies…

That’s not to say I loved every second of it. I was still frustrated by Brendon’s actions and communication at times, and he is probably my least favorite of these brothers. (Someone has to be right? Although they're all pretty awesome.) But I absolutely get the appeal, and Ms. Edwards did an excellent job of making him not only desirable and redeemable, but also a good guy. The story line gave him reason to show off his alpha, protective, growly, dominant side, and that’s what this character needed. That, and the delightfully dirty, panty-melting sex…

Brendon also offered an interesting little mystery too. I loved how it tied into some of the other series that this author has worked/is working on, and it was, as always, great to see the other Walker men pop up and add their two cents. There perhaps wasn’t the level of closure I might have expected from this book – the epilogue bordered on corny, and didn’t necessarily go where I wanted and expected it to. Although as endings go, corny or not, it was lovely; a very rewarding ending for this family, and for those who have loved them through every book, and actually fairly fitting, all things considered.

I am very interested to see where the next series Ms. Edwards comes out with goes. Clearly, there is set-up here for more from the extended Walker family, and I expect that the Walker brothers can’t be contained to this one series, meaning we shall see them again somehow, someway. Alluring Indulgence might be over, but the story of this tight-knit, fun-loving, dirty, sweet and sexy family is far from finished.

~ Review by Beth






Nicole lives in Texas with her husband, Colt, three kids and four dogs. It's quite the household and most of the time you'll find her locked away in her office... writing. When she's not, you'll likely find her reading, swimming, or hanging out in the yard with the dogs, doing her best to keep them in line. (And no, it doesn't usually work)

Ever want to let that other part of you loose? The part that has secret desires and taboo fantasies? Well, that's what brought about Nicole Edwards. She's an alter ego. In truth, she's a full-fledged part of me. The secret part made up of sinfully hot desires and erotic thoughts. Get to know how Nicole's naughty mind works by checking out her books!

About me... hmmm...

Ok, I've been asked to provide a little bit of "real" information about myself. That's harder to do than you think it is, especially for someone who has difficulty talking about themselves. ;) But, here goes...

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I loved creative writing and as I got older, I got acquainted with those voices in my head and that led to putting my stories on paper. And now, here I am all these years later, spending my days doing what I love most. I decided to give myself over to writing full time in 2012 and I haven't looked back. I spent nearly 13 years in the corporate world and I have to say, this is a bit of a change (just a little) and I am loving every second of it.

I live in Texas with my husband and three amazing kids and our four beloved dogs. If I'm not writing, I'm usually reading. I devour everything I can get my hands on. I love romance of any type and being an Indie author myself, I'm always looking for new Indies to support. I haven't always been into reading, but about eleven years ago, I picked up a book - I'm pretty sure it was by Nora Roberts - and from there, I haven't stopped. Before I began writing full time, and my characters started taking up so much of my time, I was reading about 200 books a year. That has dwindled somewhat, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read.

An interesting fact... I don't watch television - aside from the occasional news anyway. I will go see a movie or two rarely, but for the most part, I get all of my entertainment from a book. Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward, Suzanne Brockmann, Lora Leigh, Jane Rylon, Lori Foster, and Jaci Burton just to name a few.



No comments:

Post a Comment