Monday 12 January 2015

Review - Falling Away by Penelope Douglas




Title: Falling Away
Series: Fall Away #3
Author: Penelope Douglas
Release Date: January 6, 2015

Jaxon is the guy she’s supposed to avoid.

K.C. is the girl he won’t let get away....

K. C. Carter has always followed the rules—until this year, when a mistake leaves her the talk of her college campus and her carefully arranged life comes crashing to a halt. Now she’s stuck in her small hometown for the summer to complete her court-ordered community service, and to make matters worse, trouble is living right next door.

Jaxon Trent is the worst kind of temptation and exactly what K.C. was supposed to stay away from in high school. But he never forgot her. She was the one girl who wouldn’t give him the time of day and the only one to ever say no. Fate has brought K.C. back into his life—except what he thought was a great twist of luck turns out to be too close for comfort. As the bond between them grows, he discovers that convincing K.C. to get out from her mother’s shadow is hard, but revealing the darkest parts of his soul is nearly impossible....
 

AMAZON US / UK
B&N / iBOOKS / KOBO






If I could give Falling Away a hundred stars instead of just five, I would because it is just that amazing!!!! Without a doubt, this is Penelope's best book yet, and trust me, you do NOT want to miss it! I can say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book, but that doesn't even scratch the surface on how much I love it!! 

I've been dying to read this book ever since Until You came out. It was a long wait, but so worth it. I am so thankful and lucky that I was able to get an ARC from Penelope!!

I forgave K.C. in Bully, even more so in Jared's book, and I never had any reservations when it was officially announced that she was Jaxon's (if you don't know what I'm talking about, I would urge you to read the series in order because while they are standalones, it's more enjoyable to see where it all started). In fact, it made me more excited and if you're on the fence or think you don't even want to read because of the K.C. situation, just try it and you won't regret it, I promise. I think you will actually be pleasantly surprised. 

Despite rushing around to finish chores so I could start Falling Away, when it was actually time to begin it I paused. It wasn't because I was nervous or worried, it was just surreal to me that I was finally able to crack it open. With that came the realization that, although we still have Aflame on the way, it is really the last novel in this series. It was a bittersweet moment to be savored. 

After I started reading, I never wanted to stop. I wanted to read it while I was eating, skip my responsibilities, and stay up until I was done. I'm finished now and I just want to read it all over again. I don't even want to read another book for like a week, it was so extraordinary. 

The characters really made the book. I love them all and they are so real to me. I really loved Jax and K.C., I especially loved getting into their heads. 

There was so much more to Jax than I ever could have expected. He is hot, strong, confident, and smart, but he's also vulnerable, a little insecure, and confused some of the time. It's hard to remember that he's only nineteen because he certainly doesn't act like it. I love him even more now that I've got to know him better, although sometimes I did want to smack him for being a jerk. He might even be my favorite if Madoc wasn't already.

Honestly, there could have never been another heroine besides K.C. She's perfect for Jax and visa versa. I loved seeing who she was and who she became in the course of Falling Away. K.C. is strong and sassy, she will surprise you, and make you proud. She is actually my favorite female in the series now. 

Falling Away breathes with life and passion. It is a journey about hardships, growing up, discovering yourself, and fighting. It's a fight for strength, to be better, and for love. 

I loved Falling Away. It broke my heart, made it pound and race, and it made me glow. It made me laugh, yell, smile wide, and made me so happy. It is truly a magnificent book and it's one of my favorite books of all-time!!!
 
~ Review by Paige
 
 
 





Penelope Douglas was born in Dubuque, Iowa and has a Masters of Science in Education from Loyola University in New Orleans. She lives with her family in Las Vegas.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment