Friday 23 January 2015

99c Sale Blitz & Cover Re-reveal - Vengeance is Mine by Kasey Millstead




Title: Vengeance is Mine
Author: Kasey Millstead
 Release Date: August 19, 2014 


SYNOPSIS

What would you do if you were given the opportunity to avenge the death of your family? Would you sit back and let justice take its course, meaning those responsible are never held accountable? Or, would you do everything you could to seek retribution?

Right or wrong, I chose revenge.

But, what happens when not everyone is who you thought they were?

Sometimes, even the best-laid intentions don’t go to plan…

My name is Ella Moore. Vengeance will be mine.







LINKS TO BUY


AMAZON US / UK / AU



  



REVIEWS

I know that biker books are BIG at the moment – there are new ones released daily – but I’m not typically one to read them. I like bikers as much as the next person – and I can certainly appreciate the visual of a hot, tattooed, scruffy, alpha on a bike – but I tend to find that those books are a little darker than my normal fare. Which, in case you didn’t already know, is COWBOYS.... I love them. Kasey Millstead, author of Vengeance is Mine, also writes cowboy books (hot ones, too!!) so when I learned about this darker read, I figured why not? And man, am I ever glad I thought that. Because I love, Love, LOVED this book.
 
Become the Praying Mantis – fuck them, then kill them. For Alecia Reynolds, that’s the mission that the death of her parents, at the hands of the Spades MC, has set in motion. She’ll do whatever it takes to make them pay. She’ll become whoever she needs to become. She’ll learn everything she can about them to make sure that when the time comes, the vengeance she seeks is metered out painfully and no-one is left standing.
 
Wow. This revenge tale is dark, but not so dark that it’s not also a riotous good time. I loved this book from the start – both times I read it. You’d think that after having read it once, I’d be able to set it down on the second look through, but no. Not this reviewer. I read and read and read, until it was 1am and I was exhausted but satisfied.
 
Kasey Millstead has created a tale of brutal vengeance, a heroine that kicks ass and stops at NOTHING to get the justice that only spilled blood can provide. I loved Alecia/Ella. She was smart and determined. She didn’t give a flying fuck what she needed to do – she just went out and did it. I loved that this was a simple story that was heavy on drama and anger but light on major, heart-breaking angst. Don’t get me wrong – this was no easy book, but I felt from the start that I was going to get what I wanted out of it. I wanted a fast-paced story that gave me plenty of thrills. That answered my questions. That made me a little hot, a little mad and little happy. And now, I want more. I want to see what comes after revenge. I want to know where you go from there. And I want to learn more about the people that supported Alecia’s mission and made it possible. Because, why not? There’s more story here. And I will be the first in line to read it.
 
Vengeance is Mine is a standalone book. No cliffhanger.
 
~ Review by Beth
 ✰✰✰✰✰



Paybacks are a bitch, and that bitch's name is Alecia Reynolds.

After the murder of her parents Alecia sets a plan in motion to take down the MC club that took her parent's lives so violently.

What ensues is a tale of revenge, wrongs being righted and ultimately, love.

Without giving too much away this is a must read book. It's written with a female protagonist you just can't help but cheer for as her plan is set into motion. She's tough, she's brilliant and she kicks ass. What's not to like? While this book is packed with action, it wouldn't be a romance if it wasn't jam packed with sexiness too. It has that in SPADES. <--- See what I did there?

Millstead's tale of loss, retribution and love will have you gripping the edge of your seat and hanging on her every word until the very last page.


~ Review by Erin

✰✰✰✰✰


5 Insanely Hot Stars
 
A truly deep, sexy, emotional read that has you so involved in the story, you feel like you're in the same room while it plays out. Alecia has everything she loves taken away from her within minutes and it leaves her emotionally numb and dead inside. Try as she may she just cannot forget, no matter how much time passes by and she feels like nothing has been done to see whom is responsible. That is, until one day when she receives a note and from there the story really starts rolling.

Ella (formerly known as Alecia) enlists the help of her close friends Marcus, a Technology Geek & Sheridan to help her carry out her revenge. When they start planning how it all will go down I could hear the Mission Impossible song in the background. Ella has everything planned to a T, but what she didn't have planned was meeting Taser and having feelings that she thought had been numbed. While Ella becomes one of the "biker whore's" she realizes she has to numb herself even more when she has to be with them.
"I do every single unspeakable sexual act they ask me to do - not that the actual act is unspeakable, it's more the though that I have to eff them at all."
Now Taser is a sexy alpha biker that had me swooning because I realized that he was very different in many ways. He latches on to Ella even though he can't claim her as his yet but he tries to show her that she belongs to him. The sexual chemistry between Ella & Taser is HOT on every level that you will feel over heated constantly.
When Ella starts putting her plan into effect I started hearing the Mission Impossible song again. I was so nervous while it was all going down. I was worried that Ella would be caught and there were a couple of moments that left me gasping and saying "Oh Sh*t"!!! Now, there are many "surprises" towards the end that I had to stop and connect the dots to make sure I was getting it right. I can't wait to see what else Ms Millstead will grace us with. The ending was beautiful so I will be greedy and ask, Ms. Millstead, please give us some more Ella & Taser...please.


~ Review by Kara

✰✰✰✰✰


This book was fucking awesome. The synopsis says "Ella Moore is the epitome of a badass" and it's completely correct.

Alecia Reynolds lost both of her parents when she was in college leaving her by herself. No one was ever punished for killing them. After a year of them being gone envelopes start showing up with details of who is to blame. Alecia takes matters into her own hands to bring down the murderers. Thus creating her fake identity of Ella Moore, club whore of the Spades MC.

Ella was so amazingly awesome. She had a mission to complete and she didn't falter from it. She walks in to the club life a nervous girl and walks out a confident badass.

If you are looking for a strong heroine this is the book for you. Kasey knocked it out of the park with this one. I loved the girl who is The Praying Mantis.

There was a twist that I so didn't see coming but... ahh I loved it! I would love another story between the heroine and hero.
~ Review by Keisha
✰✰✰✰½







AUTHOR BIO 


Kasey Millstead lives a quiet life in country New South Wales, Australia, with her husband and their four young children. She enjoys baking, singing (ridiculously out of tune) & spending time with friends and family. Kasey has always harboured a deep love for reading and writing, and she is now lucky enough to be living her dream of being an Author.


AUTHOR LINKS




GIVEAWAY 

No comments:

Post a Comment