Tuesday 27 May 2014

Review - Sweet Destruction by Paige Weaver


 
Title: Sweet Destruction
Author: Paige Weaver
Release Date: May 27, 2014


There’s a fine line between love and hate and they were about to cross it.

My name is Samantha Ross and this is my life.

I existed in a world that few know. Rundown trailers and crime-ridden streets were my home. Drugs and alcohol were the norm and happiness was the exception. I lived from day to day never knowing if I would have a roof over my head or food in my stomach. My life sucked. It took from me and gave nothing back.

But there was one certainty in my life. A black smudge on my window of hell.

Cole Walker.

He was a criminal. A thief. He brought hell and damnation with him wherever he went. He hurt and destroyed. He took and gave nothing in return. He was heartache and despair wrapped up in a perfect gorgeous package. Fast cars and fast women were his hobbies. His vices. But he had many.

I was one of them.

I was his addiction and his craving. His enemy on this earth. I feared him. I hated him. I loved him even more.
 


 
 
 
 



 
Sweet Destruction” is a must read! This book quickly became one of my top reads for 2014 - it completely sucked me in and left me wanting more! I first fell in love with Paige Weaver from her “Promise Me” series. “Promise Me Darkness” absolutely blew me away and while I don’t typically like dystopian books, I was immediately hooked on both the story and the writing. So I was extremely excited to read “Sweet Destruction” when I heard Paige Weaver was releasing a contemporary romance and it did not disappoint!

Pick up “Sweet Destruction” now and prepare yourself for emotion – tons of heavy, angsty, heart wrenching emotion. Sam and Walker grew up in less than ideal conditions and their relationship is shaped through the hardships of their childhoods. The relationship between Samantha Ross and Cole Walker is anything but easy, yet so real. The drama and angst between Sam and Walker did not feel trivial or fabricated, but had a real emotional backing. Their relationship unfolded beautifully, in many shades of grey. Walker is not the knight in shining armor, but more the dark knight. Neither Sam nor Walker romanticize their role or relationship, but know the demons they both face and take it all into account. It also doesn’t hurt that Walker is walking, talking sex, and at times the chemistry steamed up my kindle screen! “You’ve always been mine, sweetheart, you just didn’t know it.” Swoon.

Honestly, I loved almost everything about this book. The writing is gorgeous, the pacing is solid and the characters are beautifully flawed. My only issue is with the ending. Without giving anything away, the climatic action played out well and many of the major plot points wrapped up in an interesting way. Though, a couple of issues in character development and the relationship were never fully addressed. While most of the book is very well paced, I felt that the end was a bit rushed and glossed over a couple of unresolved issues about which I still have questions. I am holding out hope that this means there will be a second book?! I would read it in an instant!

I would recommend this book a thousand times over, and give it a very solid 4.5 stars.
 
~ Review by Alicia
 


 

 
Paige Weaver’s first passion has always been reading. Many hours of her childhood were spent getting lost between the pages of a book, disappearing into other worlds. That turned into a love for writing at a young age. Her first book, Promise Me Darkness, became a New York Times and USA Today bestseller quickly after being released.

Paige lives in Texas with her husband and two children. When she's not writing or reading, you can find her chasing her kids around and living her very own happily ever-after.
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment