Tuesday 13 May 2014

Release Day Launch - All Lined Up by Cora Carmack


 
 
Title: All Lined Up
Series: Rusk University #1
Author: Cora Carmack
Release Date: May 13, 2014
 

 
In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.

Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.

But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.

Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.

Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.

And neither of them knows how to walk away from the attraction they feel.


“Laughter + heartache + hot sexual tension = the perfect Cora Carmack book.”
~ Monica Murphy

 

 


 
 
“All Lined Up” can be summed up in a single word: Perfect. Amazing. Emotional. Swoon. Okay, so four words. But in all, I LOVED THIS BOOK! I could not put it down, and actually read it in a single sitting.

In typical Cora Carmack fashion, the story is unique (it is not your typical NA college sports book), and beautifully written. I loved that this book is written in dual POV, so we see everything unfold from the perspective of both Dallas and Carson. For me, a dual POV done right is so much more satisfying than a singular POV. And “All Lined Up” was satisfying – captivating from start to finish, and had all the feels!


The characters, Dallas and Carson, were fun, quirky and so real. The dialogue was spot-on and the inner monologues down-right funny at times. Dallas was amazing - the sweet, smart and headstrong girl next door, but with her own faults and room for growth. Cora wrote each character, especially Dallas, in a way that was balanced, making each human through the nuances. I completely understood Dallas’s conflicting emotions and actions, flawlessly summed up by Carson: “That’s her personality, too: combative and shy, bold and insecure.” I truly felt like Dallas and Carson were real, sitting in the room with me.


And Carson! I am in love! Not only is he sweet, funny and a great guy, he is totally and completely sexy. “I swallow and stare and swallow again, because dear, sweet Jesus riding a unicorn, he’s perfect.” Not only does he have a body built for sex, but he is a true romantic, with his love for Dallas at the basis of everything he does. Complete swoon! The pacing of the developing relationship between Dallas and Carson is ideal – while there is an immediate attraction and spark, there isn’t an unbelievable case of “insta-love.” Cora builds a foundation and life for the characters that is relatable, understandable, and fully engaging.


Everything about “All Lined Up” is perfect, including the secondary characters. The best friends were not annoying or written out of necessity, but actually added emotion and life to the story. Stella, while hilarious at times, added a deeper understanding of Dallas. I would love to see her (and possibly Ryan!) get her own book. While leaving the reader satisfied, Cora definitely left room for a second story. I cannot wait to read more about the football players at Rusk U!


I give this book a 5 star “stamp of approval” and recommend it to anyone who likes a beautifully written story with tons of emotion!

~ Review by Alicia





 
 
 

 
I climb off the couch and pull her to her feet, suddenly desperate to see it.

“Show me.”

She’s still in a bit of a trance, caught up in her thoughts and emotions, and it takes her a few seconds to say, “What?”

“Show me. I want to see you dance.”

Her eyes widen, and she chokes on a laugh.

“I can’t just show you in your living room, Carson. I’m in jeans and boots and there’s no room and no music and—”

I grip her arm and tug her away from the couch and out into the open space where I occasionally work out at home.

“To quote your dad: don’t give me excuses, Cole. Give me results.”

Irritation blooms across her face. “Ugh. Why did you say that? I hate when he says that.”

I laugh, and move my hand in gesture that tells her to get to it.

“I’m waiting, Daredevil.” I stick out my arm, closing my hand in a fist. I throw her a playful smile and add, “You can use me as your bar thing, if you want.”

“You are not seriously making me do this, are you?”

“Come on. What are you afraid of?”

“Making a fool of myself, twisting an ankle, splitting these ridiculously tight pants, giving you material to mock me for the next century…should I keep going?”

I shake my head, unable to contain my wide smile.

She sucks in a deep breath and starts in again. “Falling on my face, disgracing dancers everywhere, failing to impress you—”

I cut her off, getting right in her face.
 
“Hey.” I take hold of her chin for extra emphasis. “You don’t ever have to worry about impressing me.”

“Just because you tell me not to worry about something doesn’t mean I can stop. It’s not a switch I can turn on and off.”
 
 

 
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment