Thursday 3 April 2014

Spotlight Review Tour - Picture Perfect by Elisabeth Grace


 
Title: Picture Perfect
Series: Limelight #2
Author: Elisabeth Grace
Release Date: March 31, 2014
 

*****THIS BOOK CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE*****

Being the daughter of a big-city mayor, twenty-one year old Skye Summers has giant shoes to fill in her first real job out of college. With the public spotlight on her family, and her dad’s expectations running high, she jumps at the chance to work side-by-side on an important project with her sexy new boss.

Playboy entrepreneur Landon Steele has built a successful entertainment PR firm and broken more than a few hearts along the way. He’s counting on his enthusiastic new assistant to help him expand his business into LA… until he discovers she’s a pampered rich girl who’s in the public spotlight as much as his famous clients. Still, he agrees to give her a chance, and soon the two are heating up the bedroom as well as the boardroom.

But when Skye’s ex-boyfriend threatens to reveal a dangerous secret from her past, her job, relationship with Landon, and her father’s career are suddenly all on the line. Will she be forced to leave Landon? Or will she pursue her heart, regardless of the cost?

 



 
 
 
***3.5 Sweet Stars!***

Picture Perfect is the second book in the standalone Limelight series and focuses on Skye and Landon’s story. We met Skye as Ellie’s roommate and bestfriend in Rumor Has It, the first book in the series. I liked Skye in the first book and was happy to read about her own story.

This book is an easy read, a fun, light one but still with steamy parts. If you’re up for a lighter read, you might want to give this a try.
 

pictureperfect_tease.jpg

 
The characters are also likeable, surprisingly, no snobby politician/parents or malicious, jealous co-workers, I liked that. Landon seems like a hot, good boss to me too. I mostly enjoyed until the last few chapters where Skye and Landon faced a “bump” in their relationship. I understand the need for a “problem” but I just didn’t feel much for it. It felt like a last-minute detail rather than a problem to be solved, which was also very easily resolved after like one chapter.
 
Overall, Picture Perfect provides a cute, drama-less love story which I very much appreciate!

Stars: 3.5 stars!
Recommended to: Those who would like to take a break from heavy romance and still read something sweet and a little steamy.
POV: First person. Dual POV.
Series: Yes. But standalone.
Cliffhanger: No.
 
~ Review by Mara
 

 

 

ALSO AVAILABLE

#1 Rumor Has It

 

 
 

I have a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a HOT spot for alpha males! I currently live outside Toronto, Canada with my hubby, two small children and cat spawned by the devil. Life is busy, but never to busy for a good story and to share my love of reading and writing with others. Things I can tell you that sum me up...I'm a sugar and carb addict, self-professed Gandy Girl, a disaster in the kitchen, a LOVER of all music, I enjoy reality TV and I'm an early riser! When I have a moment to breath you can usually find me typing furiously on the keyboard to get my next story on paper, or curled up reading about someone else's HEA. 


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the read/review! So happy you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete