Thursday 26 December 2013

Release Day Blitz - Always You by Missy Johnson


 
 
I was thrilled when I was offered a graduate teaching position at the prestigious Tennerson Girls Academy. At twenty-three, this would be my first ‘real’ teaching assignment. Working at the elite boarding school, home to the daughters of some of the wealthiest people in the world, was a great opportunity that I would’ve been stupid to pass up.

One week into my new job, and I suddenly had no idea why I chose high school…I was a seventeen year old boy once, I knew how teenage girls behaved.

You can’t even imagine the hell of trying to teach thirty, hormonal driven seventeen year olds who have been cooped up, away from any male contact.

I could handle the whispers every time I entered the room. I could even handle the obvious attempts at gaining my attention. What I couldn’t handle was her…

Rich bitches and way too many rules. Was it any wonder that I hated school?

Add to that the lack of male contact, and I was going insane. Like literally. I wasn’t used to this. A year ago I was normal. I had a boyfriend, friends and a loving family. There is nothing normal about me anymore, and nobody here lets me forget that.

My name is Wrenn, and I’m only here because my aunt took me in after what happened, but my aunt also happens to be the headmistress of this academy…Can you see my problem?

I’m hated for my lack of money, and I’m hated for who my Aunt is.

Then he arrived. Dalton Reed. My new history teacher.

Slowly, he helped me see that even in the worst situations, there is always hope.
 
 

 
4.5 Beautiful Always Stars


What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”~ Henry Stanley Haskins


Always You by Missy Johnson is one those sweet emotional romantic books that leaves readers to believe in the powers of LOVE. This book goes beyond the typical standard of student/teacher forbidden romance since it went in depth with the emotional connection of two individuals who found friendship, solace, comfort, emotional strength, acceptance, and love through their relationship.  What is the price to pay for love? What sacrifices are one willing to make? How strong is one’s love when sickness and health are tested? Can love be enough?

“I so badly want to make them proud of me. I can’t bring them back. I can’t erase the past, but I can control my future.”

Always You is a beautiful young love coming of age story of Dalton Reid and Wrenn. Dalton is 23 years old and freshly out of college and lands his first temporary teaching job at Tennerson Girls Academy,  a prestigious private boarding school. Wrenn, is 18 years old repeating her senior year, due to a tragic accident and loss of her family. Wrenn is living with her aunt, Layna, who is the headmistress of the academy.

Wrenn is not your typical high school student. She has distanced herself since the tragic loss of her family. She doesn’t have many friends but only one good friend. The popular girls in her school dislikes Wrenn for no reason when she transferred to the academy. So Wrenn busies herself with school work and her favorite pastime of watching classic horror films.


When Dalton is invited for a faculty dinner social function at Layna’s house, he stumbles upon Wrenn curled up in a room watching a classic horror film. Wrenn finds Dalton attractive and vice versa. Soon teacher and student develops a friendship. They find themselves being able to relate to their common interest of horror films and the meaning of life. Dalton finds Wrenn unbelieveable smart and wise for her age. Besides her best friend, Kassia, she  finds Dalton to be the only person who can fully understand her. Behind the tears and her painful past, Dalton finds her to be remarkably strong.

For the first time in her life, Wrenn finally feels alive and so she acts on the attraction and kisses Dalton.  As much as Dalton wants to deny the attraction and connection he feels with Wrenn, he finally submits to his wants and desires. Soon they find themselves hiding their relationship from their peers.  With enough credits to graduate early, all Wrenn has to do was wait till she graduates and Dalton’s eight week teaching position to be done so they can finally go out in public with their relationship.  Like with any forbidden romance, the truth and secrets always finds a way of revealing itself.  How strong is their love to survive the criticism of their peers? What is one willing to risk for love?

“Whether you realized it or not, since that first time we met all those years ago you’ve inspired me to be more than I thought I ever could be. It was Always You…”

After reading Always You, it makes you understand the power of Love. Wrenn and Dalton’s love for each other can only be described as beautiful.  It reminds us all to never be afraid of the unknown and most importantly sometimes taking chances in love is what makes life worth living for.  Whether our time on Earth is cut short, Always You reminds us all that life should be lived to the fullest and sometimes fate has a way of intervening and bringing two destined people together.  So if you are looking for a sweet romantic story that will tug a special place in your heart then I would recommend you to read this book.

“Live each day like there is no tomorrow, but don’t forget to live each day like there was no yesterday either. Live in the present, for it is a gift from God. That’s why it is called the present.” ~ Emily Austen

 
 ~ Review by Michelle






 
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.


 

 
 
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment